Ground Beef is a standard in the American diet. From the classic hamburger hot off the grill to family favorites like casseroles, meat loafs, tacos and chili, ground beef is the quickest, easiest, most versatile selection in the meat case.
To ensure consistency, freshness, quality and the most flavorful meals, Woods Supermarkets exclusively offers Butchers' Pride Certified Ground Beef.
- It is 100% Pure...with No Additives.
- Ground and packaged fresh at least three times daily inside every Woods meat department, Butchers' Pride is produced under the absolute highest processing standards.
- Woods Meat Managers are all ServSafe Training certified. They strive to not only meet, but exceed basic USDA regulations.
- Butchers' Pride is available in four grind varities: Ground Beef 73/27; Ground Chuck 80/20; Ground Round 85/15; and Ground Sirloin 90/10.
- Taste is dependent more on the amount of fat than in the origin of the cut. Check the label carefully in selecting your purchase. The second number following the grind name is the percent of fat of that variety. For a juicy hamburger, select Ground Beef or Ground Chuck with a higher fat content. For a casserole or tacos where beef is cooked and the fat is drained, Ground Sirloin or Ground Round is a better choice.
Woods Butchers' Pride USDA TOP CHOICE BEEF is distinctly different from and superior to beef marketed under just the USA CHOICE label.
- It comes from corn fed cattle, raised exclusively by select family farmers within a 200-mile radius of the Midwestern processing plant. This ensures your peace of mind.
- Our Buthers' Pride Beef is consistently in the top of the Choice category, which means our steaks and roasts are moderate to highly marbled. These white flecks of fat are what give this beef its superior flavor, juiciness and tenderness.
- Marbling is good. Excess fat and bone are not. That is why all Butchers' Pride USDA CHOICE BEEF is 1/8th" trimmed to remove excess fat and bone, giving you more great eating, quality meat for your money. Now, that's Solid Woods Value!
- At Woods, you will find more than 85 varieties of fresh Butchers' Pride Beef.
All U.S. Government food handling safety regulartions are followed to the nth degree every step of the way:
- By an official USDA inspector to make sure it meets government standards for quality and safety.
- By one of our Midwestern processor's own highly trained meat experts whose sole job is to insure that the beef meets their even higher standards for safety and quality.
- By Woods Butchers, the meat experts for whom Butchers' Pride Beef was named.
And then we do more.
That's at least three sets of trained eyes checking to make sure the USDA CHOICE BEEF you buy in our stores meets the rigorous quality and safety standard Woods demands.