To Our Valued Guests,
At Woods Supermarkets, we want you to know that your wellbeing is our top priority. You are the reason we do what we do, so we wanted to personally reach out to you regarding the current climate surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. While the local condition of our communities is evolving daily, we are taking the necessary precautions to protect you, your families, and our teammates.
We always take great pride in our clean and well-run stores, and already have strong quality assurance and safety standards in place. We are monitoring the announcements released from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and have taken the following preventative steps:
- Vigorous cleaning and sanitizing of hard surfaces throughout our stores, including but not limited to check stands, PIN pads, shopping carts, door handles, restrooms, drinking fountains, and other frequently touched surfaces. Our food safety practices are thorough and will continue to deliver safe and fresh products to your refrigerators and pantries.
- Enforcing personal hygiene techniques that are the most effective at combating viruses, such as hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Increased the frequency of our teammate cleaning assignments, to ensure regular sanitizing throughout our daily hours of operation.
- Educating our teammates and their families on the COVID-19 threat, including preventative measures and guidelines set forth by the CDC. This helps keep our teams aware, informed, and protected.
- Reinforcing our strict operating procedures including our long-standing policy of not letting teammates work while sick. If you see a teammate wearing a mask it is at their request, not because they are exhibiting symptoms.
We are pleased to continue to offer our grocery pickup services to our communities. This service is fast, convenient, and available to you and your family. We are seeing increased guest traffic in our stores, and certain items such as paper and cleaning products are in high demand. We are working with our suppliers to replenish these items quickly and will continue to work to get these products to you as soon as they come available. For the time being, we are limiting the purchase of products in high demand to two of each item per guest so that we can continue to serve the community with necessities as they prepare their homes as well.
As the situation continues to evolve, we are working diligently to protect our respected guests and teammates. Thank you for your support and trust.
Chief Executive Officer
Woods Supermarkets Inc.